Saturday, November 28, 2009

a word meaning

Guys, I've been thinking about Douglas Adams recently. I just found this online transcript of The Meaning of Liff and decided it would be fun to make up some new words. Well, I only actually made up two new words, but I have a bunch of definitions for things that should be words. The first word is fnoolean.

Fnoolean (adj.)
Possessing a particular quality that causes one to be reminded of Douglas Adams. Once defined, the word fnoolean is itself fnoolean. Fnoolean sounds like boolean, as in, "It is either fnoolean or not."

Bivest (adj.) To have the desire for alcohol. (like thirst, but specifically for alcohol.)

"I'm so bivest. When is Susan coming back from the liquor store?"

And now the definitions. Let me know if you have any ideas for the words, or if what I'm thinking of is already a word.

To wander aimlessly.

To feel as if obligated to love.

To reduce a situation to a series of logical suppositions in order to attain a false sense of understanding.

To exert to exhaustion without purpose.

To ignore a problem.

To conjoin erratically, in the manner that insects breed.

To over-enunciate.

To mistake an identity.

To ignore out of shame.

To speak with the intent to deceive without actually lying.

To compare the pitch of two musical notes, as in tuning.

To mask one's emotions.

To conjecture without the an intent to come to a conclusion.

To hover in decision-making (I'm pretty sure this word exists but I can't think of it.)

To blame wrongly.

To admire a flag.

To feel excessive remorse.

To buck wildly.

No comments:

Post a Comment